Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goodbye Kindergarten, Hello 1st grade

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was packing Max's first school lunch and backpack and dropping him off in his class room for his first day of school. It really doesn't seem possible that his first year of school has come to and end. He has learned so much and grown so much this year. I am so thankful for the wonderful teacher was were blessed with and all the sweet kids he had in his class. This is definitely bittersweet. I know that this is just a part of life but I really wish my babies didn't have to grow up so fast. Don't get me wrong, I love getting to experience all the new things that come along with each stage of their lives but it just seems like it is all happening too fast and I don't have enough time with them in the here and now.
The last week of school was filled with school play days, field trips, and celebrations. His moving up ceremony was on the evening of his last day of school. The kids sang two cute songs and then got to walk across the stage and received their certificates. We had a big group there to celebrate Max's special day. My dad, mom, sisters, father in law, sister in law, and nieces were all able to come. We let Max pick out somewhere special to eat to celebrate and he chose Japanese. We had a nice dinner and I had made Max his favorite red velvet with cream cheese icing cake for dessert when we got home. Now we get to enjoy our summer and the fun will begin again in August. Enjoy some pictures of my sweet little guy on his big day!


Getting ready for the ceremony

Max and Grayson

Love this sweet boy so much!


Part of his kindergarten class










Kindergarten classes @ OES 2011








Mrs. Baker, Max's teacher






I got money!!


Love!


Paw Paw's, Max, and Nana's

PawPaw's, Max, Nana's, Jessi, and Shia

Max and Shia

Jessi and Max

Belle, Max, Allison, and Emma

Brady and Max

The granddads and the boys

Daddy, Max, and Mommy

My precious Max and me

Mr Arnold, the principal and Max

Mrs. Baker and Max


Congratulations my sweet Max. We are so proud of you and so blessed to be your parents. We love you more than words can express.

No comments: