Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day at Dollywood

I, for the first time, along with most of my family went to Dollywood. I have been to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge countless times in my life and have never been to Dollywood. We had to opportunity to get some discounted tickets so we seized it.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. It was sunny and warm but not accompanied with the usual humidity we get to experience here in the south. I was very impressed by how clean the park was. It wasn't overly big and there is a ton to do there. One of the first things Max wanted to ride was the water rapids ride. He talked my dad into and they both got soaked! Max couldn't talk me into that one! We then did the 50's antique cars. Wesley loved being able to drive. He laughed and laughed the entire ride. I was once again impressed about the fact they have booster seats and are self propelled so that the little ones can drive. The boys had to ride the train and we all got covered in coal soot since we were towards the front and it’s a real train run on coal.

The only down part of our day was lunch. Boy, did we choose the wrong place to eat. This is truly the only negative thing I can say about the entire day, though!

We headed to the carnival town after lunch. Max loved the bumper cars, chickened out of the ferris wheel, but did ride the kid’s roller coaster. I was so proud because he wouldn't ride the kid’s roller coaster at our local amusement park last year. Wesley road every one of the kiddy rides. He loved the bees, which I had to force Max onto. He didn't not want to ride the baby rides and was not happy about having to ride it! My dad, sis, and I did the giant spinning top ride and it was A LOT of fun. I took Max on the Lemon Twist (tea cups) while dad took Wes on the flying elephants.

We walked around and checked out some more of the park and did a few more things. We didn't even make it to any of the shows this time. I was surprised at just how much there is to do there. We decided to upgrade to season's passes while we were there so we will be able to go whenever we make our trips up to Gatlinburg. Max is ready to head back up there and I wouldn't mind going again soon myself. It was a great day with the family. I love having a close family that likes doing fun things together!



Uncle Joe was sitting outside Aunt Granny's
with his guitar. Max loves to pick and takes
it very seriosly!



This little one loves it, too!



Max and PawPaw's drying off in the dryer.
Dad said it was worth the $3!


Wes riding the Lucky Ducky


He kept looking for the man making the pig noises.


Wes, ready to fly.
Max, ready to die.



At least Max is upright at this point.


Wes loved it! It wasn't that bad for Max, either.


Getting ready to ride the roller coaster.


The Dollywood Express


We had to watch it take off. These
boys love trains. Max isn't sun burnt, he
just turns very red when he's hot!

Even Wesley sat patiently waiting for the train
to take off.

No comments: