Friday, January 14, 2011

Not ready for this...

Well several weeks ago a big transition took place in our household. Wesley figured out how to climb in and out his crib and wouldn't stay in his crib anymore. Then, shortly after after he got croup and I had to sit up on the couch with him every night for 5 nights in a row. So ended the sleeping okay in his crib alone. Max has never slept alone and we have tried everything to get him to sleep in his own bed without success.

During the middle of the night after being awaken by a slap to the face from Wesley, I had an epiphany! If both the boys want to sleep with someone they can sleep in the same bed in their own room and not myself in the bed with both boys getting no sleep.

I hadn't planned on taking Wesley's crib down when he was not even 2 1/2 but when you don't get sleep you do what you have to do. I was sad breaking down the crib not knowing if it will be last time I have a crib in the house but thankfully the boys are doing great in a double bed in their room. I told Max that if he could sleep all night long in his own bed for a month, then I would let him help pick out a bed and the bedding to go on the bed. We, thankfully, will be doing that soon. So, here are the last pictures of the crib and Max's first big boy bed.



No comments: