Saturday, July 18, 2009

Focaccia Mediterranean Pizza

I love Shlotsky's Deli. We don't have one in Chattanooga but a couple are left in the surrounding area. My favorite thing to eat there is the Mediterranean Pizza. It is wonderful. I have been craving one for a while so tonight I made my own version. I love trying to recreate the food I love to eat in restaurants at home.


Focaccia Mediterranean Pizza
1 round of Focaccia Bread (found in the bakery section of your supermarket)
1 small tomato chopped
1/4 cup black olives chopped
1 small red onion chopped
1 jar prepared Basil pesto or your own home made recipe
1 container crumbled Feta Cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend shreds

Cut loaf of Focaccia in half. Lay both pieces with cut side up on a pizza pan. Spread pesto on bread. Top pesto with shredded cheese. Add tomato, olives, and onion in amount you desire. Top with Feta Crumbles, again in the amount you desire. Bake on 425 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. I did mine in two batches on a 12 inch stoneware circle. Cut into wedges and enjoy.



This one was really close. I couldn't recreate their signature sour dough crust but the focaccia has a very similar texture and taste. If you have never had Shlotsky's try it anyone and let me know what you think! Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Tammy On the Go said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm must try this