Sunday, February 20, 2011

Max's 6th birthday weekend

Wow, six. SIX! Six? Really? How is it even possible that I have a six year old? I think this was the hardest number for me. Five didn't bother me as much but I'm sure this one bothering me had a lot to do with him starting kindergarten the week he turned six. He has changed so much in the past year. He has had a huge growth spurt, he has lost all of his babiness in his looks, and he talks to you like a little grown up. He is witty and too smart for his own good. Yet, he is still my sweet boy that loves his mommy and I am glad he loves to have me around.

Max has always been one that knows what he wants and you usually can't make him change his mind once it's made up. Since his 2nd birthday he has always decided what kind of birthday he wanted and since his 3rd birthday he has decided where he has wanted the party to be at. For his 6th birthday he wanted a Scooby-Doo bowling party.

We had his party on his actual birthday since it was on a Saturday this year. We pretty much just invited the bigger kids he is friends with because I didn't think the little ones would like to bowl that much. Boy was I wrong! The few little ones that did come LOVED it and little Hudson bowled from the time they got there until his parents made him stop. Every one had a great time and Max said it was one of his best birthday party's ever!

The next day we headed down to Atlanta for another little birthday treat. Max's favorite singing group, The Akins, were having a concert for the making of a DVD. Max had started school on Thursday but didn't have to go back for his second day until the next Thursday because of the phase in system we have in our county. Since he didn't have to go to school on Monday, we were able to go to Atlanta and attend the concert and spend the night with my grandmother. My mom came with us and kept Wes at my Nanny's. Max is so funny sometimes, he really doesn't like doing things outside of his comfort zone and I had to force him to go. I only did it because I knew he would be fine once we were there and he would LOVE getting to see the Akins. Of course, mother knows best and after he got over his initial nervousness he had a good time. We were able to see The Akins after the concert and Max was super excited to see Nick.

He had a great birthday weekend. I am so thankful to be able to celebrate my boy's special days in the way they want. We always have fun and I can't wait to see what he picks for the upcoming year.


Max's cake was based off his favorite
Scooby-Doo episode,
Foul Play in Funland.


Max and Hank

Some of the girls waiting for their turn.

Cooper

Wes using the ramp to bowl with.

Hank

Little Hudson

Belle

My sweet nieces, Belle and Emma


Blowing out the candle


Present time!


Sweet Pia drew him a picture


Birthday lunch at the Varisty.
Birthday boy's pick!

Take a picture of me eating this, mommy!

Max and one of his most favorite persons,
Nick Akin

Happy 6th Birthday, my sweet Max. You are such a blessing and joy. I couldn't have asked God for a better boy. You are the light of my life, my first born son. I love you with all my heart and soul! I am so blessed to be your mommy!

No comments: