Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cake number one

My mom and I have been taking cake decorating classes this month. Last night was our final class for course one and we made our first complete cake. We finished learning how to make roses which we have been building on every week. I had a rough night last night. My icing was not cooperating to make the roses and my carprel tunnel was acting up so bad my mom had to make my final rose because my hand was completely numb. Thanks mom! Your the best!!! I didn't have time to squash the tips on all my polka dots and I had had trouble with my icing the night before trying to frost my cake. All in all I think it turned out well.









This is my mom's finished cake. I love the bright yellow and pink together. She did great on her roses.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great cakes!! I know who to call when I need a cake made!! :)

Ryan and Christen said...

The cakes look great!!

LeeAnne said...

I love the polka dots, and I think your roses look great! Are you doing the Wilton classes? I took class one through Hobby Lobby several years ago and would love to do it again.

Alicia said...

Those look fantastic! I discovered a little baking shop on E. Brainerd Rd. recently. They also offer classes, and I thought about taking one. You and your mom did a beautiful job!