Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apples and Cotton Candy

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend. We went on our church's annual apple trip on Friday and the circus on Saturday.

Max loves to go on the apple trip and we always have a great time. We go to 5 or 6 different apple houses in Elijay and eat lots of good treats! Max loves to co-pilot in the front seat of the church bus. My dad is the normal driver so of course he is allowed to sit up front. It was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect. Wesley did really well on the drive up, he got a little restless only in the last 30 minutes or so. Max got a coon skinned cap at the first store, Mercier's, we stopped and wore it on and off all day.

Of course, my camera batteries died right after the first stop so I only got a few pictures on the bus ride up.

We also go to Panorama, Hillcrest, and a few others.

The last place we stop at is Mac Aaron's. Max was so excited when we got there because a young boy probably 8 or 10 was working the boiled peanut shack. The boy let Max come in with him and help him dish out peanuts from the huge boiler. Max was in heaven. He asked someone, "Do you think they have one of these in Ooltewah I could work at?" They of course dropped peanuts on the floor and made a little mess but I think that was the best part of the day for him. Mac Aaron gave Wesley and apple and he played with said apple the entire road home and for the next two days. I finally had to chunk it because he had dropped it some many times while playing with it. It was long, tiring, but fun trip.




Wes playing the DS on the trip up.

Max and his pumpkin with the coon skinned cap on the dash.


On Saturday we went to the Shrine Circus with my mom, dad, and sisters. This was both boys' first time to the circus. I was not to sure about the quality of the circus but it really was decent. The boys had a ball. It was 3 hours long and we did not expect that. Thankfully, you don't have to worry about kids being super quiet or still and there was an intermission.
Max got cotton candy, popcorn, and a snow cone. My sister bought the boys light up sticks and they played with them off and on the entire time. During intermission she also bought them both a huge balloon on a stick. Wesley had a ball running around with it. They gave elephant rides but Max didn't want any part of it.
They only had a couple elephants and some tigers but the acrobats were excellent. We all had a really good time. I forgot my SIM card for my camera so I didn't get to take any pictures!!! It just wasn't a good weekend with my camera!!! :( My sis took some on hers but I don't have any to post. I try to get some on here soon.

No comments: