Friday, October 2, 2009

Date Night

This evening, Max and I, went on our first official date. I promised him, after seeing the commercial several times, that I would take him to see Toy Story & Toy Story 2 in 3D. After trying the free movies several times this summer, I knew Wesley would not sit through a movie and definitely not a double feature.

Anyway, we dropped Wesley off at mother in law's around 3. I had originally planned to do the 7:00 o'clock showing but it didn't start until 7:45 and it was 2 hrs and 50 minutes long and I didn't want to have to leave Wesley out so late.

We watched both movies and it was the first time Max had ever had an intermission at the movies before. He thought that was neat. He did great. We ate a bag of popcorn, some candy, and had sodas. Really, I think that is why he loves to go to the movies! :) He watched both movies all the way through without getting bored or restless. It was neat but really not that much different from the non 3D versions. Things were just a little closer to you but there wasn't things flying out of the screen or coming up real close like I was expecting.


After the movie, I let him choose where we ate dinner. He chose CiCi's Pizza. His favorite. He actually ate good and didn't even complain about not going into the game room. It was so nice to spend some quality one on one time with Max. I don't get to do that with him much since Wesley came along. If I only have one child now days, it is most likely Wesley not Max. I plan to keep doing this at least once every couple of months so we can have some good bonding time. Rex took Max to see Transformers last week and I asked Max if he liked alone time with Mommy or Daddy better. Of course, he said Daddy but I'm sure to him it is more special to be with daddy since he's with mommy literally 24/7. I'm really gonna miss that when he starts school next year. Ho-Hum.


Cheesin' during the intermission. He didn't wan to take off his glasses. He thought they were so cool!


Max took this one of us!

Mommy's turn.


Eating at CiCi's




Our yummy half Zesty Peperoni and half Zesty Veggie. The best two pizzas they make!

Sorta Pep! (shout out to the Brinkley clan!)

1 comment: