Monday, January 12, 2009

Six months

Wesley turned 6 months old on Sunday. My oh my, I can not believe half of his first year is already gone. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital. Well I thought he was going to be doing things faster than Max but he isn't'. That is perfectly fine with me. I would love him to be a baby forever, they just aren't little long enough!

He just started sitting up on his own this weekend. He still won't do it for real long periods of time but he can actually sit there unsupported now. He is getting on all fours all the time and this weekend we kept saying he was doing downward dogs(the yoga position for those who are familiar) because he kept stand on his toes with his hands on the ground making an upside down V. He really just doesn't like to sit, he wants to stand. I really have a hard time making him sit. He would rather stand and hold onto the couch than sit on the floor.

He is eating solid foods but just a few. He is eating peas, squash, applesauce, and pears. I had to take the sweet potatoes away because they tore his little belly up. Other than that, we haven't had any issues. He is just getting one jar at night along with his cereal. He loves to eat and watches every bite you take.

We are still nursing and I haven't had to supplement with a bottle for 3 months which was a huge answer to pray for me. The bad thing is now he won't take a bottle so that is not good when mommy wants a little break or he needs to be watched for something.

Wesley is such a sweet baby. His smile just lights up a room. When he smiles it is all over his face from his head to his chin, the eyes light up and the dimples show. He does have a temper and he will let you know when he is not happy and he will let Max know when he has had enough of him, too. He is so strong and is never, ever still. There is always some part of him moving. I think only those first few hours of good, dead to the world sleep is the only time he is not moving. He laughs all the time. He loves to play peek a boo and thinks it is hysterical. He still loves to be sung to and is enjoying being read to now.

Max is still doing well for the most part. He has started being a little more jealous of Wesley. He will get in front of you when you are trying to talk to Wesley. If someone is making goo goo sounds and playing with Wesley he will sit next to him and make sure you see him there. I can't hardly take a picture of just Wesley, Max will jump in next to him. His bad behavior has picked up but I think it is just to get my attention. Overall though he has did wonderfully well and really loves his little brother. He is very protective of him.


I am blessed to have two wonderful boys. I can't imagine what my life would be like without them!



Wesley sitting in the glider like a big boy!


6 months old

Max acting like Wesley the first picture of Wesley.

Sitting up on his own this weekend.

He feel asleep for the first time in his high chair last week.

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Cute photos! I love the one of Wesley sleeping in his high chair. It's funny that Max was posing like Wesley ... pretty soon it will be Wesley wanting to do everything that Max does!