Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Another year gone! Not only are we saying goodbye to another year but another decade as well. Ten years, it seems like such a long period of time but it really does go by in a flash! What has this decade brought me? It's brought me many, many firsts. What happened to me over the last 10 years? A lot!

I got married, moved out of my parents house into my own house, worked, got pregnant, became a mom, became a stay at home mom, went through all the trials of being a first time parent, started a couple of businesses from my home, had another baby, made many new and meaningful friendships, spent lots of time with my family, went on vacation every summer, went to Disney World for the first time with my babies, made some major mistakes, had several melt downs, lots of arguments, became an aunt, a sister in law, a daughter in law, lost some dear friends and loved ones, and have become closer to my heavenly father. Oh, you know the list could go on and on but those are some of the highs and lows for me.

What will this next decade bring me? Who knows? I know I will become a parent a of a school aged child, maybe become a mother again (I hope so), do many sports things with my growing boys, go back to school myself, go back to work outside the home, spend much more time with my heavenly Father through His Word and in prayer, spend more time with family and friends, and hopefully have the same friends and family around me 10 years from now.

Ten years seems like such a short amount of time in retrospect and time brings with numerous ups and downs. What has the last decade brought to you? I hope you have experienced more highs than lows. I hope you have grown personally and spiritually, isn't that what life is about anyway? I plan to keep working on myself and trying to get things right. The Lord knows I can't do it alone but I can do whatever He has planned for me. So that is all I desire for the upcoming year and the next 10 years, to do His will and to keep working on becoming the best me I can be for His glory!

Happy 2010! Enjoy your new year and a new decade. I sure plan to!

No comments: