Monday, October 13, 2008

What a great weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend. On Friday we went on our church's annual trip to Elijah. We went to 5 different apple orchards with a stop for lunch in between. Max had a ball and Wesley did wonderful. Max of course enjoyed all the apple fritters and pies and had to taste the apple cider at every one we stopped at. He also enjoyed some ice cream at the last stop. He had it all over his face. On the way home he road in the front seat of the bus beside my dad that was driving. He was his copilot. One time he looked over at him and said, "PawPaw's when you are the copilot you have to look out the windshield!" We were all wore out by the time we got home.

We had a bonfire on Friday night and several of our friends came over. We had a really good time. It was nice to have some adult conversation and to see some friends we hadn't seen in a while. Max went to his Gran Gran's for the most part. I went and got him around 11:00 and he was asleep. He woke up when we got home and got out for a little while. He roasted smarshmellows and ate a couple of smores. He didn't want to go inside when everyone left. He is wanting to go camping so bad. I have a feeling that will be happening soon even if it is in the back yard.

On Saturday we went to Guthrie Farms in Riceville, TN. We had gone to Down on the Farm last year and Max loved it. Guthrie's didn't have quite as much to do but we still had a really good time. I had to feed Wesley as soon as we got there of course so Max and Rex hung around and talked. We had to wait for the hay wagon so we did the petting zoo first.

We walked around a bit and Max did the rope maze and hay bale maze they had for the kids. Max couldn't wait to pick out his pumpkin. He got to pick one for him and one for brother. He went from pumpkin, to pumpkin, to pumpkin. He wanted a green pumpkin the most but they said it wouldn't turn orange so he had to settle for an orange pumpkin. He was proud of his finds in the end, though.

Once we got back we got some popcorn and cokes and cooled down a little before hitting the corn maze. I had gotten Wesley to sleep so I put him on me in the baby carrier and off we went. To start we let Max make the decisions on where to turn but soon we were lost. We had only been in there about 5 minutes and Max starts saying, " I want to get out of here!" We never did make it to the exit we just found our way back to the entrance and went out that way. It was so hot! The sun was beating down on us and we were in there for probably 20 minutes. Needless to say we didn't try to do it all over again. We were all hot and sweaty when we left but we had a really nice and enjoyable day together as a family. We will definitely be going back somewhere next year making it an annual trip. We have another fun filled weekend ahead this coming weekend as well. I love fall and all the fun that comes along with it. I just wish it would cool off some!

No comments: