Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Candyland


Monday we had our playgroup Halloween party. We started out on a rough note with Max pitching a fit and having to get a spanking in the driveway before we even got inside. He has been so defiant lately. I can't figure out what is going on. Anyway, he ended up having a great time. They got to hit a pinjata and play pin the nose on the pumpkin. While at Karen's house, Max had gone upstairs to play in their playroom. I was told when he got up there he said, "Wow! It's like Candyland up here!" Karen's house is the toy meca. There is just about anything you can think of there to play with. The rest of the time there he kept saying, "Welcome to the World of Candyland!" He cracks me up.



I can't believe how big our playgroup has gotten. It is sad to think of all our first babies starting school in the next 2 years. I have been so blessed by this wonderful group of moms and kids. I was lucky enough to meet most of them when our babies were just infants and we became friends and have stayed friends over the past 4 years. It is great to have this extra support system outside of my family I can go to if I ever need anything and they are always there in times of hardship, frustration, and joy. I know some of these women will be life long friends and I thank the Lord he has brought them into my life. I have been blessed because of them.

I took a few pictures of the boys in their pumpkin shirts when we got home. They look too cute in their matching outfits! Max really does love his brother.

No comments: