Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Rex and I had planned to go to one of my favorite restaurants, Carrabba's, for Valentine's Day. I called on Friday to check about reservations and they said to call back on Saturday 2 to 3 hours before hand and they would put our names on the list, then we could call back 30 minutes before we got there to see how the wait was going. So I called at the 2 1/2 hour mark and they said they were only taking call ahead 30 min before hand. I called back at 6:15 and she told me they weren't taking call ahead any more. I told her I had already talked to 2 people and she told me since I had she would put our names on the list but it was already a 2 hr wait so we would be seated at 8 instead of the 7 we had planned on.
Okay, no big deal. We will go ahead and drop the boys off at my MIL and then run to the mall because I needed to pick up Wesley's pictures anyway. Of course, the picture place was closed so we went ahead and went to Carrabba's. We pulled into the parking lot at 7:45 and you couldn't even get into the door. It took us 15 minutes to even get to the hostess stand and when Rex finally got up there they told him it would be and hour and a half wait from the time our name was on the list for. Needless to say there was no way we could wait until 9:30 to even be seated.
We called a few other places with no luck so we ended up going to......Ryan's! Yes, Ryan's! Not very romantic but it was still very good. Our anniversary is next month so we will just go on a date and go to Carrabba's then. We did enjoy our date even though it wasn't what was planned or expected. I think next year we will either go earlier or later and not go out on Valentine's night.
My sweetie did surprise me with a message and facial treatment gift certificate. I am sure I will enjoy them both.

Yesterday we had our playgroup Valentine's Day party. The kids had a ball and it was really nice to see some friends we haven't seen in a good long while. It was all fun and games until 2 of the little girls got into the bathroom and overflowed the toilet so much the water started leaking through the kitchen light fixture. If you want to read the whole story, check out my friend LeeAnne's blog on my list. I sure am glad Max wasn't in the midst of all that mess. Poor Karen, I feel for her! Anyway, here a few pictures from our party yesterday.
These are out of order but here they are.

Wesley fell asleep about half way through in Miss Jessica's arms. I know who to call if I ever need a sitter!

The boys playing together. Max is trying to "help" Wesley!

My big boy!

The cake I made for the party.

Monkey see, monkey do! Little Hudson is just hanging out watching the big boys be silly.

It is so much more fun to swing on your belly!

Max in action!

No comments: